Friday, August 5, 2011

I work in the car business.

If you want to raise eyebrows, tell people you work in the car business. We are an industry still plagued with stereotypes. And being a woman in the car industry often prompts a lot of questions.

But the car world I work in is different than the stereotypes. The car world where I live and breathe is made up of good men and women. I have been in and out of this world for a good portion of my life. I started as a file clerk in the service department and worked my way through various parts of the dealership answering phones, taking appointments, making customer relations calls and working on special projects. Today I work in communicatons, e-commerce and now, dealership blogger.

The internet has changed the way that shoppers buy cars, and through this little piece of the blogosphere, I hope we can change the way you think about car dealerships.

Hi, my name is Erin and I work in the car business.

1 comment: